This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
We are looking for an awesome security person that is able to shape and kickstart the security team’s presence in our new Tech Hub in Chicago. In this role, you will be the first security guru that operates outside of our Amsterdam headquarters. This means that you’ll work on topics that cover the whole spectrum of security topics, ranging from secure development to security culture.
Product Security Expert
The Security Team is responsible for detecting and responding to threats, developing and maintaining security controls, designing and implementing strategies to secure our payment platform, and building security culture throughout the company.
We are looking for an awesome security person that is able to shape and kickstart the security team’s presence in our new Tech Hub in Chicago. In this role, you will be the first security guru that operates outside of our Amsterdam headquarters.
Next to being the local expert for general security topics, you will work closely together with various Product teams to build the future of secure Payment services. At Adyen, we have many multi-disciplinary teams each focusing on different aspects of our products and business. This comes with many benefits, such as speed of development, but also some challenges;
- How do we make sure that all of our developers and product teams make the right choices delivering the desired security outcomes?
- How can Security support these teams without slowing them down?
- How can we embed security in each phase of our product lifecycle?
- How do we ensure an efficient communication path with room for constructive questions and feedback?
Some specific products that you will be focussing on are within the In Person Payments (IPP) solutions, such as Tap-to-Pay on iPhone (a technology that transforms an iPhone into a payment accepting device) and our own card readers. You will help find and drive solutions to the above challenges with freedom, creativity and a passion for tech and security.
What you will do
- Help shape the culture and practice of security in our new Chicago Tech Hub from scratch
- Be the go-to person in the Chicago office for security related topics, both technical and non-technical
- Work closely together with Product teams to architect secure products and features, specifically for our IPP solutions
- Facilitate, build and and improve our product security related activities and processes, such as threat modelling exercises
- Assist and train our engineers in the fields of secure design and development on a global scale
Who you are
- You are enthusiastic about security and able to foster a strong security culture in a positive, structural way
- You are a team player that wants to maintain Adyen's security posture, and are able to collaborate with colleagues of any expertise level and background
- You have a proactive, entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy working in a changing environment
- You have broad security knowledge, and have experience in one of the following areas: Development Security; Security Architecture; Software Development.
- Experience in Mobile, Payments or Hardware Security is a big plus
- You have experience in threat and risk modeling, preferably experience with STRIDE assessments.
- You are able to facilitate security workshops and discussions with a wide variety of people, especially engineers
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This role is based out of our Chicago office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.