Team Lead MPL-Credit Risk
This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos and Spotify.
Team Lead Credit Risk NA
As the Credit Risk Team Lead of North America, based in Chicago, you will lead a team of high performing professionals that evaluates and manages credit risk coming from a portfolio of enterprise merchants and new products. You will guide and mentor the team, ensure the delivery of high quality work, and closely cooperate with the other Credit Risk teams located in EMEA and APAC.
Your team works closely with the Commercial, Product and Legal teams while collaborating with some of the biggest companies, all with one overarching goal: limiting Adyen’s exposure to credit losses. Your team is highly motivated, extremely innovative, and thrives on shared success. As we operate globally, your team is part of an international team with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. You will play a key role in expanding our suite of credit risk products, as well as scaling Adyen to the next level.
What you’ll do
- Lead the team in NA that is responsible for managing credit risk coming forth from our merchants. The aim is to manage the risk in an efficient manner while staying within our risk appetite.
- Be a key source of knowledge regarding financial risk.
- Engage with key stakeholders and work cooperatively to present, create, develop and/or implement suggestions and recommendations regarding our risk management, development of new products, and continuous improvement of processes, policies and procedures.
- Institute accountability, track team progress and success, and present results to Senior Leadership.
- Help define and clearly communicate objectives and goals for the Credit Risk NA team.
- Coach and mentor members of the team, and play a key role in their personal and professional development.
- Recruit talented Credit Risk Analysts, who can contribute to Adyen and our merchants’ growth.
- Be an ambassador of the Adyen Formula.
Who you are
- You have a strong track record in credit risk, experience with managing credit portfolios of different types of companies, and are able to design effective credit risk policies while staying within risk appetite.
- You have at least 2 years experience in leading a team in the credit risk domain.
- Passionate and driven about leading a well-functioning and motivated team and mentoring and encouraging team members to continuously develop and grow.
- You are innovative, with strong problem-solving capabilities and able to define efficient and effective processes and procedures.
- You are able to serve as an escalation point to varied risk management questions and challenges.
- You thrive in an unstructured, fast-paced environment, challenging the status-quo and a ‘can-do’ mentality.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel, both domestically and internationally where required.
- Payments or Fintech experience is not required, but you must be able to communicate your enthusiasm for the space.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Chicago. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of Chicago.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.