Team Lead, KYC Operations
Team Lead KYC Operations, Chicago (USA)
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Team Lead KYC Operations
As a KYC Operations Team Lead, based in Chicago, you will lead a team that is in charge of performing KYC & CDD checks on our customer base from across the globe. You will guide the team to ensure we are adhering to our compliance standards, meeting our SLA’s whilst providing an excellent customer experience.
Our teams work closely with our commercial, compliance and product teams while collaborating with some of the world’s biggest companies in order to ensure compliance with rules and regulations. You will become a part of our growth in improving customer onboarding experience as well as scaling Adyen to the next level.
Your team is extremely customer-focused, highly motivated, and thrives on shared success. You will be part of a global team with diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
What you’ll do
- Lead the team that is responsible for the Know Your Customer (KYC) process. The aim is to onboard customers efficiently in a compliant manner.
- Recruit and onboard talented CDD/KYC Analysts who can contribute to Adyen and our merchants’ growth.
- Coach and mentor members of the team and give directed feedback
- Ensure effective and consistent communication throughout the team, encourage feedback and customer insight in order to enhance the customer experience.
- Evaluate performance with key metrics, track team progress and success, and be able to present results to Senior Leadership.
- Define and clearly communicate objectives and goals for the team.
- Developing a culture where training and development are part of the team, identifying actions and working with trainers to ensure the skills and knowledge are developed effectively.
Who you are
- You have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- You are a people leader, and get excited about developing an effective operational team.
- You have at least 1-3 years of people management experience.
- You have experience in hiring, firing, growing and scaling a successful team
- You are innovative, with strong problem-solving capabilities and able to define robust processes and procedures.
- You are able to serve as an escalation point to varied Operational requests and challenges.
- You have an affinity for or a strong interest in Onboarding/KYC/CDD and operational processes and you are interested in learning more about it.
- Payments or fintech experience is not required, but you must be able to articulate your enthusiasm for the space.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be willing to travel, both domestically and internationally where required.
Please note that this role is a full-time, in-office position in Chicago.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.