Staff Containers Infrastructure Engineer
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Adyen is looking for a Staff Containers Infrastructure Engineer for the Core Infrastructure team in Chicago. In this position, you will work on a world-class platform that enables developers to grow Adyen's business. Our platform is a distributed system with high performance and strict security requirements. Your primary responsibilities will be building and maintaining container-native infrastructure solutions–such as Consul, Nomad, Vault and Kubernetes.
Who you are
You have a solid Linux background with distributed systems experience. You are familiar with building distributed container-based solutions, Linux, and container orchestration. You love managing clusters at scale and driving the adoption of the solutions you build. You have strong communication skills and love collaborating with your teammates.
You have experience with some of the below mentioned technologies and concepts, and are willing to learn the others:
- Maintaining on-prem infrastructure
- Kubernetes ecosystem
- Hashicorp ecosystem (Consul, Nomad, Terraform and Vault)
- You leverage GitOps practices on a daily basis
- Linux, HAProxy, Tomcat, firewalls, network security protocols, databases, UNIX-related network services, TCP/IP networking, DNS, HTTP(s)
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language (bash, python, etc.)
- System configuration and administration, load balancing, scaling, monitoring, Linux containers ecosystem, an understanding of Linux kernel primitives (namespaces, cap, cgroups, seccomp, etc), core operating systems including network setup and maintenance, network security, and distributed file systems.
- You are flexible, a team player, and someone with an eye for detail
- Experienced in leading technical projects in a fast paced environment
- Currently working at Staff Engineer or similar level
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex technical concepts in front of different stakeholders
- Lead complex technical projects from requirements analysis through design, implementation, testing and launch into production
- Be hands on and contribute to the implementation, but at the same time offer technical guidance and mentoring to other engineers
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.