Product Manager, Payments Methods
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Product Manager, Payment Methods
Adyen is looking for a passionate Product Manager to further scale our offer of alternative and bank-based payment methods globally. Our merchants are the fastest growing companies in the world, and we need to stay ahead of their needs to offer the best online payment experience to their customers. In this role you’ll balance country specific shopper behaviors and payment method strategies to drive the highest conversion rates for our digital merchants in each of their markets.
You will take the lead on products that touch our payments method set, including Buy Now Pay Later, Wallets, and bank-based payments together with a global team of product managers, partnership managers, data analysts, and engineers. You will ensure Adyen merchants gain measurable benefit from your efforts, where you combine the strengths of our payments platform and the variety of alternative and bank-based payments methods. You will play a pivotal role in continuous improvement, quality measurements, performance tracking and ensuring a data-driven prioritization across the teams.
What you’ll do
- You will be owning and improving foundational elements of the payment lifecycle that encompass our entire portfolio of payment methods (e.g. dispute management, onboarding flows, reconciliation, etc)
- You will create and execute a common strategy across our global regions and payment types making sure the payment method portfolio is consistent, robust, and scalable
- You will proactively analyze data and trends to identify improvements for various payments flows, and are responsible to get such changes live for Adyen's merchants.
- You will work closely with Tech support and Commercial teams to improve the customer experience and performance of our products (feedback loop)
- You will work closely with our engineering team to “productize” key foundational projects, such as modularization, testing and security.
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 5 years of (international) working experience in product management
- You have hands-on experience in the fintech domain with a significant focus on payments
- You can extract the ‘bigger picture’ out of a complex situation, and balance short term versus long term business needs, and translate this into actionable and structured solutions
- You are data-savvy, and love to use analysis and data sets to identify improvements on performance or commercial opportunities
- You are able to structure, deliver and communicate project plans in cross-functional teams, with diverse audiences (commercial, engineering, product etc.)
- You have solid interpersonal skills to communicate and interact with both internal and external stakeholders from varying disciplines and cultures
Other Job Details:
- Based out of our Chicago office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
- Domestic and international travel required
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.