Team Lead Product, Alternative Payment Methods
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Team Lead Product, Alternative Payment Methods NA
Adyen is looking for a Team Lead for our Product Team in NA, to scale our Payments proposition that includes alternative payments such as wallets and banking payment methods across North America. The role is responsible for selecting and building the best payment portfolio, driving growth and innovation in North-America, and leading a strong team of product managers for our US and Canadian market. In addition to the ownership of various NA & global payment methods you will expand our US & Canada banking payment offering by building a regional strategy, for our merchants across digital, platforms and unified commerce.
What you'll do:
- Use your understanding of the North American payment landscape to build a regional product strategy for our alternatives and banking payment methods
- Use your product sense to identify opportunities and define (technical) product solutions for the region
- Listen to our merchants, engineers, and partners to find problems that Adyen is uniquely positioned to solve
- Oversee the full regional and partially our global portfolio of Payment Methods and intersect together with multiple technical and commercial teams
- Lead the growth and adoption of our payment methods in the region through our partners and sales team
- Identify competitive advantages and define the positioning of Adyen’s alternative and bank-based portfolio in North America
Who you are:
- You have 7-10 years in Product Management for software companies within the payments or financial technology space
- You are a strong Product leader, with at least 4 years experience as a manager
- You ideally have 4+ years of experience in the payments space
- You can navigate emerging technology and open source standards and public policy
- You are familiar with local, alternative, and banking payment methods, and have a point of view on how they are evolving
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are able to form a vision and work together with the engineering teams to implement that
- You have experience in hyper competitive markets and understand how to compete within that space and you understand pricing models
- You have earned the trust of your technical and non-technical customers and colleagues, from the board level to the support level
- You have launched and scaled products in the software space with quantifiable value
- You can guide analysts with the right questions to answer, and turn those answers into business value
- You have identified novel and significant revenue opportunities, and have convinced senior executives to invest in your product strategy
- You are able to sit with customers, and present at conferences
- You are aware of regulatory changes in the market
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Chicago office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.