Team Lead Enterprise Sales, Platforms
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Adyen has a clear competitive advantage in the platform due to our Adyen banking licenses, offering a truly global solution and being built on a singular, interoperable platform. Our value goes beyond Ecommerce and In-Person payments with a broad offering on financial services like issuing, business accounts and credit covering the whole value chain. Adyen for Platforms is a comprehensive solution for marketplaces and platforms to accept and manage payments for their sub-merchants or sellers. Our Adyen for Platforms business has experienced immense growth, with 82% YoY increase in volume and several platforms processing more than 1bn USD annually. This growth underscores the significant embedded payments potential for platforms and highlights our technology's growing appeal, making platforms the fastest-growing pillar within Adyen.
The focus will be on global SaaS platforms and E-Commerce marketplaces that give access to millions of users; so you’re not only building long lasting relationships, but also helping activate new revenue streams through Adyen’s solutions beyond payments processing.
Check out our quick intro for the Platforms pillar, where Hemmo Bosscher, our SVP of Platforms and Financial Services, digs into the opportunity embedded finance presents to platforms. Learn more about the platforms banking revolution here
Leading Adyen’s Sales team
As a sales team lead, you will drive global commercial strategy for our ambitions amongst our Platforms customers such as Lightspeed, Zenoti, Oracle and Wix.
The scope of this role includes management of our enterprise salesforce in one of our offices. The central goal of this role is to continue - and accelerate - the scale of our strong growth through individual impact and in the execution of the Sales team.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader and networker with a consultative and commercial mindset, who thrives in a fast-paced, diverse, and entrepreneurial environment. As a critical member of the North American Team, this candidate will be an integral contributor to shaping Adyen’s momentum and team environment.
This role is based out of our New York/ SF / Chicago office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
What you’ll do:
- Reporting into the Head of Digital Sales for NA, you will lead and scale a Sales Team in New York, to meet our growth targets and to capture the demand of Adyen’s Digital platform across segments and verticals;
- Get involved in the largest, most strategic deals, managing executive relationships and helping the team get the deal over the finish line;
- Become a critical member of the NA Sales Management Team, working hand-in-hand with counterparts in Account Management, Marketing, Sales, and Product to achieve our mission in NA;
- Be a purposeful and empathetic change agent, embracing the ways of selling that make Adyen unique and desirable to customers while also bringing a fresh perspective on how we can operate at scale;
Who you are:
- A leader (4+ years experience leading) with experience scaling a sales organization;
- Payments industry or affiliated platforms partner experience is a must;
- Extensive experience working in an Enterprise B2B context where sales cycles are long (6-18 months) and the sales approach is high-touch, multi-threaded and consultative;
- Experience in maintaining the most senior executive relationships at very large Enterprise prospects and helping close those deals;
- Data-driven in making decisions, setting goals, and driving success in the organization, while also embracing ‘hands on’ sales and qualitative metrics of success;
- Pragmatic way of working, high energy, has a creative mindset about dealmaking; manages & supports the team from the front lines and not from behind desk & reports;
- Empathetic leader who can affect change while also being firm on change management;
The salary range for this role is $170,000-$240,000 + commission + equity; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next step, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.