Team Lead, Card Scheme Pricing
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Team Lead, Card Scheme Pricing
Adyen is looking for a passionate and experienced leader to lead the team responsible for interchange and scheme fee passthrough product in the North American Cards Team, turning data into value for our customers across our regional products and services. In this role, you and your team will be our product team’s embedded experts on interchange and scheme fee charges for cards in North America. Together, you’ll be responsible to ensure accuracy of fee passthrough to customers, you’ll build internal and external insights to allow for a holistic understanding of a complex network of fees that empowers Adyen’s promise for fee transparency. You’ll guide a team of passionate and knowledgeable Business Analysts and product specialists.
Who you are:
- A technical expert with a strong background in product analytics, data analysis, and data-driven environment. They should be proficient in tools and languages such as SQL, Python, Spark, R, or data visualization tools
- An experienced leader with prior experience in guiding and managing teams, preferably in a similar analytics or data environment. Ability to set clear goals, mentor and develop team members, and drive high performance and collaboration. Experience managing remote teams across different time zones, fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment
- A problem-solver with a strong analytical mindset and problem-solving skills. Comfortable working together with complex data sets, identifying patterns, and uncovering insights
- An effective storyteller, able to effectively communicate complex data analysis findings in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to stakeholders at various levels of the organization, including product managers, payment partnerships teams, marketing teams and executives
- Able to efficiently deal with ambiguity and a fast paced environment
- Experience in the payment industry is a plus
What you’ll do:
- Own - Become responsible for all topics related to fees for both internal and external stakeholders
- Build to Scale - Scalability is key in all product data projects that you will handle. Build framework and best practices to develop global alignment as we scale
- Hire, Grow, Retain - Recruit and hire diverse, talented Product Data Analysts and Analytics/Data Engineers who will help Adyen and our merchants grow. Coach and mentor members of the Data team to create an inspiring and collaborative team environment together with an open communication/feedback culture
- Analyse – Partner together with different product teams to deliver value to merchants through data projects with your team. This can vary from detailed analysis to build/maintain merchant facing reports through ETLs using Python/Spark
- Work globally - drive some initiatives with a global impact across time zones and cultures
- Based out of our Chicago office
- We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles
- Domestic and international travel required
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.