About the role
Chime is building a world-class member service organization, and we believe member support should be built around 3 guiding principles:
- Frictionless product: Use member insights to mitigate member issues with a simple, transparent product
- Self-service: Provide self-service and automated capabilities to help members solve their own problems; create community for members to support each other
- Excellent support: When members do have to contact us, provide them with excellent service.
As a Content Strategist, you’ll focus on building and improving content that provides our members and agents with the most direct path between a need and a clear solution. You’ll act as a key partner for your internal stakeholders to create content that brings product and member support strategies to life. You’ll create, manage, and improve a variety of content types and elements from videos and help articles to templates, labeling, and information architecture. You’ll also find and measure pain points, use technology to resolve problems, and use data and vendor feedback to improve the member experience.
This is a high-impact, high-visibility position that interacts with a broad group of internal and external stakeholders. A successful candidate is able to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines while maintaining close attention to detail.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $75,330 and up to $102,500. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Act as a point person on the Content Operations team in brainstorming, developing and writing content for our Disputes line of business that aligns with our support strategies and our brand.
- Explain complicated product and policy concepts in simple, jargon-free language.
- Find the most effective ways to convey information, educate agents, and reinforce learning.
- Use data to track, share, and improve content performance against monthly and quarterly targets.
- Turn research, qualitative and quantitative insights, and lessons learned into solutions that balance audience needs with our business goals.
- Quickly adapt to last-minute requests and changing timelines with flexibility and a solutions-driven approach.
- Work with LLMs and generative AI tools to measure and improve the quality and efficiency of content.
- Manage key projects related to product, policy, and process launches.
To thrive in this role, you have
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of these areas: help and support content, product or content operations, or technical writing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a track record of success with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience defining, tracking, and reporting on content metrics and providing data-driven analysis.
- Experience working with CRM tools (like Zendesk, Shelf, or Salesforce), content management systems, LLMs or generative AI tools, and Google Workspace.
- A portfolio of your past work, writing or editing samples, or other examples of your writing ability.
- Previous experience working with vendors, BPO partners, or content contractors is a plus.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally 2–3 times a year is a plus.
A little about us
At Chime, we believe that everyone can achieve financial progress. We’re passionate about developing solutions and services to empower people to succeed. Every day, we start with empathy for our members and stay motivated by our desire to support them in ways that make a meaningful difference.
We created Chime—a financial technology company, not a bank*-- founded on the premise that basic banking services should be helpful, transparent, and fair. Chime helps unlock the access and ability our members need to overcome the systemic barriers that block them from moving forward. By providing members with access to liquidity, rewards, and credit building, our easy-to-use tools and intuitive platforms give members the ability to have more control over their money and to take action toward achieving their financial ambitions.
So far, we’re well-loved by our members and proud to have helped millions of people unlock financial progress, whether they started a savings account, bought their first car or home, opened a business, or went to college. Every day, we’re inspired by our members’ dreams and successes, big and small.
We’re uniting everyday people to unlock their financial progress—will you join us?
*Chime partners with The Bancorp Bank and Stride Bank, N.A., Members FDIC, that power the bank accounts used by Chime Members.
What we offer
- 🏢 A thoughtful hybrid work policy that combines in-office days and trips to team and company-wide events depending on location to ensure you stay connected to your work and teammates, whether you’re local to one of our offices or remote
- 💻 Hybrid work perks, like UrbanSitter and Kinside for backup child, elder and/or pet care, as well as a subsidized commuter benefit
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus great medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🫂 1% of your time off to support local community organizations of your choice
- 🧠 Mental health support with therapy and coaching through Modern Health
- 👶 16 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents and an additional 6-8 weeks for birthing parents
- 👪 Access to Maven, a family planning tool, with up to $10k in reimbursement for egg freezing, fertility treatments, adoption, and more.
- 🎉 In-person and virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers—think cooking classes, guided meditations, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help millions unlock financial progress
We know that great work can’t be done without a diverse team and inclusive environment. That’s why we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas to join our team. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Cook County Ordinance, and consistent with Canadian provincial and federal laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.