Principal Application Engineer (Full Stack)
About This Role
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As a Principal Full Stack Application Engineer, you**’**ll build and release reliable software systems at scale. By partnering with enterprise-wide) teams, you’ll develop and maintain full stack solutions that fit our business needs. You’ll use your holistic view of all products (and their interactions) to design elegant solutions and strategize the future state of our larger technical ecosystem. By independently innovating and advocating for best practices, you’ll solve complex problems and guide the team on implementing solutions from inception to production.
- Creates solutions addressing high impact technology and business priorities
- Competent in multiple contexts, including programming languages, security, automation, testing, and business domains and is the go-to person for many people (inside and outside of their team)
- Participates in strategic technology decisions and learns how these decisions impact Discover as a whole
- Proactively identifies and mitigates issues based on intuition and experience in multiple domains
- Coaches technology communities at Discover
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors – Computer Science or related
- 6+ Years -- Information Technology, (Software) Engineering, or related
- Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of proficient on the Dreyfus engineering scale
- XML, XSLT
- ASP.Net, .Net framework version 4
- SQL Server (T-SQL),
- .Net MVC-3 and above
- GitHub, Jenkins, Sonarqube, Nexus
- Cloud Computing Concepts
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and multiple levels of management
- Ability to work independently; coordinate daily activities and tasks; handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Understanding of web platforms, design patterns, and secure web coding standards
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- Knowledge of development and migration processes
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to write and maintain application documentation
External applicants will be required to perform a technical interview.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you're waiting to hear from us, don't forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.