Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Although this position is based in Chicago as its original location, we are open to candidates who reside in a city with an Edelman office. Locations include Washington DC, New York City, Atlanta, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle, to name a few. This role is open to any of those locations or others within the US.
The Edelman Project Management team is passionate about finding smart ways to deliver great work. We sit at the center of our business, collaborating with best-in-class teams to ensure Edelman ideas make an impact in our clients’ real worlds. From cars to consumer goods, fashion and retail, financial service, food and beverage, luxury, technology or healthcare – we are fanatics about integrated project management that enables our creative, strategy and account teams to deliver smart and brilliant programming for our clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for a process-oriented, go-getter who wants to become a key part of a forward-thinking, integrated team. We want passion and excitement. We want someone who is unafraid to ask questions, is willing to challenge the norm and is eager to be the best in the business. Our Project Directors have deep experience in integrated project management and are the upcoming leaders of the Project Management team, enthusiastic to develop their leadership skills and to be seen as a go-to for high priority program definition and delivery best practices.
About Your Day-to-Day:
- Edelman Project Directors lead complex, integrated projects. Serving as the common thread on projects, they manage schedules, deliverables, priorities, and teams towards flawless execution. They are a strategic partner to Account and Specialty leads in project setup and ensure that project deliverables connect with creative intent, while meeting time specifications and budget parameters.
- Own the intake of new work, cutting through the fog to provide counsel on a delivery approach that results in the definition scopes and staff plans with account leads and specialty teams, producing top-down and bottom-up estimates that match final deliverables and work effort.
- Lead the development and approval workflow of Statements of Work with Finance, Contracts and Account teams.
- Leverage project management tools and best practices to author and maintain project schedules, project briefs, cost estimates and project financial management (OOP & fee) and other relevant project documentation.
- Own the delivery of large, complex initiatives independently and with minimal oversight.
- Independently manage risks and provide solutions-oriented consultation to integrated team leads, proactively looking around corners, raising scope creep and collaborating with leads to strategically identify and implement win-win solutions; manage SOW change order procedures as warranted.
- Partner with Finance and Account teams to ensure projects are profitable, fees are appropriate, forecasts are accurate, and SOWs are approved.
- Drive client discussions related to project plans, setting expectations on due dates needed in order to meet project goals, scope and budgets.
- Partner with Resource Management to establish staff plans, providing clarity that aligns specialty team needs with project future staffing requirements in order to identify the best talent for the work.
- Drive workflow among integrated teams, communicating status, next steps, and ownership on a regular basis to ensure successful delivery against client assignment and scoped deliverables.
- Ensure the quality and consistency across all projects is consistent with brand guidelines.
- Contributes to project operations and “the work behind the work” – owning intake, definition, and prioritization of new project opportunities, establishing ways of working frameworks/best practices with new teams, and providing input on PM team assignments.
- Directly manage more junior project managers in project-based and/or career growth capacities.
- Balance a sense of urgency with a calm and confident leadership at all times.
- A self-reliant multi-tasker, with the ability to work calmly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- High competency in carrying soft-skills to coalesce, problem-solve on-the-spot and manage senior stakeholders
- A strategic mindset, with a knack for critical thinking and creative, head-on problem solving
- A bias for action and the unshakeable ability to confidently lead projects and teams through ambiguity
- A people leader with a “get things done” and positive mentality
- A passion for the art and the science of creative problem solving, as well as operational excellence
- A strong and fearless communicator, with the ability to navigate conflict resolution and influence teams to a desired end goal
- At least 6-10 years of project management, integrated marketing/PR agency, or related experience
- A 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
- Mastery of highly complex programs spanning +$8MM from Planning through to Execution
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Smartsheet (or other similar project management tool) is required.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Edelman is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage racially and ethnically diverse people, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, parents, individuals with disabilities and members of any and all protected classes to apply.