Assistant Account Executive, Brand (Food & Beverage)
Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Edelman Brand has helped evolve, promote, and protect some of the world’s most iconic and celebrated brands. We aspire to do work that moves people – work that inspires people to not only “buy in” to brands, but also buy. We thrive off the energy, heart, and hustle of the city around us and apply that same passion to everything we do. We are fanatics about finding an insight or truth that will inform smart strategy, breakthrough creative, and brilliant programming. We are looking for an AAE to join our vibrant team which supports some of the most iconic alcohol brands in the world.
Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm, with more than 5,500 employees in 65 cities worldwide. Our independence keeps us nimble, thoughtful, and resourceful, allowing us to invest in the best people in the business.
- Support account teams in daily activities – learn Edelman’s various services, including integrated communications, media relations, consumer engagement, trend monitoring, and support account teams in the execution of these services for clients
- Build and foster ongoing relationships with key media across brands
- Research, outline, write, edit, and proofread materials, specifically pitches, product key messages, Q&As, fact sheets, talk tracks, media briefing documents, and more
- Conduct media outreach and follow up in alignment with pitch calendar and agile opportunities
- Execute research to build media lists, industry trend reports, competitor innovations, and risk assessments leveraging social media, search engines, and media-list-building tools such as Cision and Muck Rack.
- Coordinate details for brand collaborations and virtual press & influencer events including developing media lists and pitch materials, securing attendees, staffing events, and preparing recap reports
- Provide client service administration including preparing client status and activity reports, attending meetings and conference calls, compiling media monitoring reports and competitor coverage, scheduling, and logistics
- Track product inventory and oversee creative product mailer fulfillment alongside the team
- Assist with vendor management for brand initiatives including not limited to influencer partnerships, events, and activations
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of social media platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter (X), YouTube, etc.
- Demonstrate an understanding of social media, influencer marketing, and basic principles of community engagement
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- At least 0-6 months of internship experience in Communications Marketing and/or related fields, including research, advertising, management consulting, media or publishing
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Possess great interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to work effectively with a variety of account service staff within a specific set of accounts.
- Prior internship experience and/or experience working on food and beverage brands is preferred.
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills and the ability to develop media contacts/relationships.
- Fundamental understanding of media outreach assignments and the ability to apply experience and initiative in developing appropriate traditional and online media strategies.
- Solid grasp of all basic public relations tools and how they are used to achieve client goals
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and dedication to consistently provide high-quality work to their team and clients
- Proficient organizational and time/project management skills; possess the ability to meet simultaneous deadlines and adapt to new assignments, deadlines, and priorities
- Creative thinker, problem solver, and action-oriented individual committed to client excellence.
- Must be based in Chicago, IL, or the surrounding area.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Edelman is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage racially and ethnically diverse people, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, parents, individuals with disabilities and members of any and all protected classes to apply.