Regional Design Technology Director (Architecture/Interior Design)
Placed at the heart of Gensler’s People + Process + Technology the Design Technology Community drives the firm’s digital transformation of our creative and project delivery practices throughout the globe. Our ultimate outcome is to co-create a design technology ecosystem that enables our practitioners to leverage the most advanced methodologies and technological solutions reaching a new level of creativity and delivering the most impactful designs to our clients. So, if you are a disruptive technologist that’s ready to change the world with big and influential ideas, we want you to join our growing and innovative team!
The Northcentral Regional Design Technology Director is a multifaceted role that provides regional technical leadership, strategic vision and deep tactical expertise in the design technology and digital project delivery space to our offices and projects teams within the region. Reporting directly to the Global Director of Design Technology and the Northcentral Regional Managing Principal, you will use your soft skills, relationship building and technical expertise to drive with confidence: process innovation, optimization and digital platforms implementation in partnership with your fellow global and regional design technology community. Ultimately, we believe that this role is a key contributor to delivering the highest value and best outcomes to our clients.
What You Will Do
- Design Technology Process Innovation Creation and Implementation
- Co-drive a brand and purpose for Design Technology within the region
- Subject Matter Expert on Agile Digital Project Delivery to Project Teams
- Project Technology Execution Plan development, implementation and support
- Develop Model-Break-Down strategy, Co-Authoring and Collaboration for each project
- Development, implementation and support of tools, templates and workflows
- Reduce waste through Interoperability pipeline development for digital platforms
- Transform smart-digital data-driven ideas into reality implemented on projects
- Champion digital transformation and cultural-change throughout the region
- Collaborate with Regional Design Technology leaders on requirements and priorities
- Lead cultural, process-driven and technical training in Design Technology
- Research emerging technologies and define use-cases for implementation on projects
- Represent our firm through speaking engagements, hackathons and industry events
- Lead software development for plug-ins and utilities with software development team
- Partner with Design Synergies and design-practitioners throughout the region
- Engage at firmwide level, collaborating with the design technology community
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with 12+ years of experience in AEC/O space
- Strong command of the Design Delivery process to fabrication / construction
- Documented progressive growth and experience in leading / supporting Design Technology and innovative framework / workflows in project delivery
- Articulate communicator with strong story-telling ability to push new innovative concepts and ideas in a highly creative culture
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to listen and drive consensus through relationship building and ability to win the trust of teammates and project teams
- Expert in design authoring technology platforms in areas of implementation, practice and development for Autodesk Revit and Navisworks
- Expert in implementing and supporting design collaboration platforms such as design authoring tools in a virtual environment, Panzura collaboration, C4R and AEC cloud-based products ( BIM 360, Field, Docs and NewForma )
- Expert in computational design platforms and visual programming: Rhino, Grasshopper and Dynamo.
- Expert in Simulation platforms that use Rhino / Grasshopper as a foundational 3D parametric engine to simulative technologies
- Highly desired interoperability integration with a visualization pipeline and VR/AR hardware and software including VRay, 3DS Max and Endscape
*This role is not remote, we look forward to working with our new Director of Design Technology in our incredible Chicago office.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities. Our annual base salary range has been established based on local markets.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.