IT Project Manager - UW-Madison
If you are interested in this position:
Download the skills matrix using the button below and fill it out.
Email us and attach the completed skills form and your most recent resume to us at:
Please include '9330WI Skills Form' and your name in the subject line.
Job No: 9330WI
|Position||IT Project Manager|
|Client Name||University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW-Madison)|
|C2C Possible||Yes. $78 - $83 C2C. We can also do W2|
|Interview Method||MS Teams Video|
Candidates MUST be WI residents or willing to relocate to WI at their own expense prior to starting. This position can work 100% remote (within the state of WI).
Our client is looking for an IT project manager with proven project management experience and excellent facilitation and collaboration skills to lead enterprise level campus projects, with a preference towards project managers with experience managing projects within higher education.On July 1, 2025, the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system Workday will be deployed across the client campus , effectively replacing current PeopleSoft HR and finance systems. Workday implementation includes process standardization to enables them to spend less time on tedious, redundant tasks and more time on projects that better support teaching and learning. The client is partnering with the Administrative Transformation Program (ATP), other enterprise level programs, and schools, colleges, institutes and divisions.While ATP is responsible for migrating systems from PeopleSoft to Workday, the client is responsible for ensuring systems, that currently interact with financial or HR data from PeopleSoft, continue to work, uninterrupted, once Workday goes live.
- Coordinate implementation of integrations for applications affected by the implementation of Workday ERP
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excels in team-oriented environments and has a background working with a wide range of stakeholders to implement both information technology projects and business process improvements.
- Strong project leadership, professionalism, and coordination across many diverse stakeholder groups including vendor partnerships will be essential.
- 7+ years - Project management experience
- 2+ years - Experience working with enterprise level projects
- Experience managing projects in Higher Ed institutions
- Change Management background/experience
- Workday implementation experience
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent