Project Manager - DOA
If you are interested in this position: Download the skills matrix using the button below and fill it out. Email us and attach the completed skills form and your most recent resume to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include '9457WI Skills Form' and your name in the subject line.
Job No: 9457WI
|Wisconsin Department of Administration (DOA)
|Yes. $52 - $58 C2C. We can also do W2
Must be current WI resident. No relocation allowed.
Our client is looking for a Project Manager who is responsible for planning, development, implementation, and administration of complex infrastructure, applications, and IT service development for a critical Human Resources and IT consolidation project with statewide impact. This position will need extensive people skills and leadership to include listening, negotiating, team building, conflict management and problem solving. Besides providing an advanced level of project management, analysis, and design skills, this project will also require efforts to define a strategy for migration activities and to partner with stakeholders in both enterprise technology and Human Resources including workstream leaders, subject matter experts, as well as other strategic partners. Work efforts will include conducting asset inventories, new process creations, creating gap analysis for tools to evaluate application strategies, change management, and other critical migration path items.
This position provides project management expertise and is key in promoting and adhering to the organization’s Project Management Methodology, including communication and management of tasks for all phases of the Project Lifecycle. This position will work with leaders, SMEs, and stakeholders to plan and implement desired changes. The candidate’s ability to direct and coordinate activities to ensure project progress is on schedule and within budget will be critical. This will require an iterative approach, utilizing effective communication methods to create a cohesive cross-team collaboration. It will also be an opportunity to identify change management opportunities and regular reviews of status with project personnel to ensure project progress. Overseeing an issue and risk register by proactively coordinating with team members to ensure that risks do not evolve into issues and that issues identified don’t linger to impact the timeline will be key to success.
Day-to-Day Activities Include:
- Establish project objectives
- Develop project plan
- Identify project resources and Establish project controls
- Ensure project schedules are maintained
- Coordinate all development activities
- Develop project implementation plans
- Provide project status and other deliverables throughout the project
- Identify and manage project risks
- Provide project status and performance metrics to management
- Ensure completion of all documentation
- Strong Project Management knowledge and experience; both with Waterfall and Agile development
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Solid organization and effective communication including meeting facilitation
- Leadership Experience
- Strong problem solving and decision-making
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience working in public sector or on projects with significant public scrutiny
- Previous experience with project management and/or solutions development in the Human Resources function.
- Previous project experience involving building large scale data collection and analysis processes and structures.