Senior Manager, Unclaimed Property
At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the world's top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMG's extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring. At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because it's an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager or Senior Manager to join our State and Local Tax (SALT) practice.
- Review sales, use, and telecommunications tax data received monthly from KPMG compliance clients to determine if it is in the proper format for input into KPMGs mechanized tax processing systems
- Arrange the monthly data received into the proper tax location codes, tax types, tax categories, authority levels, taxpayer entities, and tax amounts
- Apply client specific business rules to the tax data received from tax compliance clients to modify the data for input into KPMG mechanized tax processing systems; once the data is ready for input - process the data for the returns using one or more of KPMGs mechanized tax systems
- Identify, document, and recommend client technological business requirements for sales, use, and telecommunications tax compliance processes, and system improvements
- Design, test and troubleshoot indirect tax technology solutions developed using Microsoft Access, Excel, or SQL Server
- Provide high level administrative support to the firms senior practice and process leaders, interacting frequently with senior leadership and external clients
- Coordinate complex domestic and international travel arrangements, prepare time and expense reports and reconcile credit card statements
- Handle the highest level of confidential information while managing multiple and competing tasks
- Exercise considerable discretion and independent judgment while making decisions and formulating procedures
- Minimum five years of recent experience in state and local tax
- Bachelor抯 degree in business, accounting, or a related field of study from an accredited college/university
- Licensed CPA, EA, JD/LLM, CMI or MTX (Masters in Taxation), in addition to others on KPMG抯 approved credential listing; any individual who does not possess at least one of the approved designations/credentials when their employment commences, has one year from their date of hire to obtain at least one of the approved designations/credentials; should you like to see the complete list of currently approved designations/credentials for the hiring practice/service line, your recruiter can provide you with that list
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, SQL Server, XML, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, or process mapping software and strong technical awareness and basic knowledge of global indirect tax issues; working knowledge using Visual Basic for Applications in Microsoft Access, and experience developing in .NET is preferred
- Strong skills in indirect tax information systems, including strong project management skills and the ability to analyze client business needs
- Experience in reviewing and working with transaction tax data received from the billing systems of wire line/wireless telecommunications companies or cable/broadband companies, and a working knowledge of federal, state, and local telecommunications transaction taxes imposed in the United States
- Minimum seven years of recent unclaimed property experience with audit defense, voluntary compliance, process reviews, and developing policies and procedures
- Ability to develop business and foster client relationships
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the salary range(s) are displayed via the URL below. The range is specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, performance, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your emotion and mental health. KPMG provides personal days off per fiscal year depending on job classification, standard work hours and years of service. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year. Available benefits are based on eligibility.
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).