Senior Associate, M&A Tax - Partnership Transactions Group
At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the world's top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMG's extensive network of specialists; enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring. At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because it's an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of corporate and partnership tax services including planning, research, and other mergers and acquisitions activities
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on delivering due diligence and tax structuring services; communicate findings and opportunities to clients
- Execute on complex partnership transactions including buy-side and sell-side partnership acquisitions, dispositions, mergers, and restructurings
- Assist with going public with transactions such as IPOs and de-SPACs and take private transactions of companies operating in Umbrella Partnership C-Corporation (“Up-C”) structures
- Help with review and remediation of deficiencies in historical partnership allocations, basis adjustments, and capital accounts
- Advise clients entering transactions in the renewable energy transactions such as tax equity partnerships and tax credit sales (transferability) as allowed by the Inflation Reduction Act
- Minimum two years of recent experience in federal tax and/or mergers and acquisition in a public accounting firm, corporate tax department, or law firm
- Bachelor's degree, J.D., LL.M. in taxation, and/or Master's in taxation (MST) from an accredited college/university
- Knowledge of a broad range of corporate and partnership tax matters in various industries
- Ability to handle multiple engagements and client service teams
- Possess an interest in developing, motivating, and training associate-level team members
- Excellent modeling, research, and writing skills
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA:
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link “https://assets.kpmg.com/content/dam/kpmg/us/pdf/2018/09/eeo.pdf? ”contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.