Learning Content Developer
The Corporate team unites a variety of functions at Morningstar, and each plays an essential role in supporting our company’s strategic initiatives, day-to-day operations and infrastructure. The People & Culture team is the steward of Morningstar’s unique culture. We create opportunity and rewards for our employees to achieve the highest level of productivity. By helping Morningstar employees succeed we contribute to Morningstar’s success.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Learning Content Developer who will focus on creating engaging courseware (self-paced Digital Learning and Live Training) at Morningstar.
As an innovator in the financial services industry, Morningstar has a 35+ year history developing best in class products that help investors reach their financials goals. We define investors as individuals as well as the financial advisors and institutions that serve investors. We are committed to helping this entire investment community by providing the data, research, software and services that best meet their needs.
The Learning Content Developer will partner with stakeholders across the organization and 3rd party vendors to create impactful and focused learning. This role will look to accelerate the growth of individual and organizational capabilities. They will develop innovative and high-impact learning content aligned with the Morningstar’s people development goals. This person will partner closely with Talent Management team members and other members of Learning & Development to create new courses and update existing courses. The Learning Developer will apply their skills and expertise to ensure effective learning content is built so that it targets critical skills and behaviors that drive learners’ success and meets business needs, while integrating Morningstar's brand and culture throughout.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about learning and development and Morningstar’s company objectives. Candidates who will excel in this role hold excellent organizational skills and an ability to interact with and motivate team members across a diverse and complex organization.
- Participates in end-to-end learning program creation and execution
- Acts as a liaison with multiple departments to ensure timely program deliverables
- Collaborates with facilitators & subject matter experts to build impactful learning
- Gather learning requirements from stakeholders
- Translate requirements into storyboards and create interactive courses based on those storyboards
- Ensure courses meet the agreed to learning objectives
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years in learning & development.
- Proven experience in a training role with the ability to create both eLearning and live courses
- A desire to work directly with individuals and in team environments.
- Experience using a Learning Management System (LMS) - Cornerstone preferred.
- Effective presentation/facilitation skills to groups of all levels via virtual classroom and in person.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across all levels in the organization.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/priorities.
- Working knowledge of Instructional Design best practices and learning methods
- Strong skills in MS Office, Zoom and the ability to learn additional programs as needed.
- Working experience with various learning development tools & platforms
- Familiarity working in a global environment
- Ability to meet established deadlines and communicate project status and potential roadblocks to involved stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity
Morningstar’s hybrid work environment gives you the opportunity to work remotely and collaborate in-person each week. We’ve found that we’re at our best when we’re purposely together on a regular basis, at least three days each week. A range of other benefits are also available to enhance flexibility as needs change. No matter where you are, you’ll have tools and resources to engage meaningfully with your global colleagues.