Assistant Tech Imaging PH CT Scan Casual Evening
Northwestern Memorial HealthCare
Assistant Tech Imaging PH CT Scan Casual EveningLocation Palos Heights, Illinois Business Unit Palos Hospital Job REQID 114316 Job Function Patient Support Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
The Assistant Tech Imaging - PH CT Scan reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Assistant Tech Imaging provides support service to the technologists, nurses, and physicians and to other health care professionals related to Imaging Services. This position is pivotal in coordinating patient flow in the respective imaging departments. Duties may include setup work of exam/procedure room before patient arrival, verification of paperwork and physician orders, escorting of patient to and from the waiting and changing areas, assisting the technologists, nurses or physicians in performing the exam/procedure, and processing films and paperwork for completed exams.
- Cares for the patient throughout the treatment/procedure according to department and hospital standards of care, age-specific sensitivities, and Patients' First guidelines.
- Provides systems support by preparing procedure rooms for patients prior to their arrival in the department and work area
- Assists in preparing patient for exam/procedure, including the ability to explain exams and answer basic questions, knowledge of MR Safety if assignment is MR and brings forward more detailed clinical questions to clinical staff.
- Follows directions of technologist/nurse to assist in performing exam/procedure on patients.
- Processes CDs as needed. Participates in lifting and escorting patients and maintains lift equipment competencies refer to NMH Safe Patient Handling Policy PC 05.0095.
- Helps to coordinate patient care based on departmental imaging protocols. Interacts and communicates with clinical and medical staff to coordinate patient flow.
- Reconciles physician orders to correct exam protocol and escalates discrepancies to appropriate clinical staff.
- Prepares all necessary paperwork and information so treatment/procedure may be performed.
- Retrieves physician orders as needed from all order systems including but not limited to EPIC, Chartview, Powerchart.
- Assists in clarification of patient demographic information. Verifies patient information for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitors schedule to ensure effective patient flow throughout the diagnostic areas. Informs coordinators, charge techs, and patients of delays.
- Identifies and obtains paperwork required to start exams. Handles outside films appropriately and obtains patient films when requested.
- Recognizes and reports problems to appropriate supervisors.
- Uses scheduling system, Radnet and PACS proficiently. Monitors stock of supplies, including Radiology Contrast Media, in treatment/procedure rooms to assure their regular availability by timely re-ordering, rotation of dated items, and by maintenance of a clean and orderly environment.
- Uses designated equipment effectively, skillfully and efficiently. Maintains equipment and work area as directed, and where applicable, documents safety checklists including contrast warmers, barium refrigerators, etc.
- Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of department.
- Organizes and prioritizes assigned work, and schedules time to accommodate work demands, turnaround-time and commitments.
- Provides clerical/technical support as needed and as assigned by Manager
This position is casual (non-benefited), 32 hours per pay period, evening shift, with alternating weekends and holidays.
- High School Diploma.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates computer skills.
- CPR Certification (BLS).
- Previous experience in a healthcare delivery position.
- Bilingual language skills.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.