Registered Nurse IHR (In House Registry) Casual Rotate Shifts
Northwestern Memorial HealthCare
Registered Nurse IHR (In House Registry) Casual Rotate ShiftsLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID 119532 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Rotating Apply Now
The Staff Nurse reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for the complete nursing process, which includes assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, teaching, evaluation and documentation of patient care from a patients admission.
- Integrates contributions of interdisciplinary team to assure best possible outcomes are achieved.
- Supervises and maintains a professional relationship with unlicensed assistive personnel.
- Utilizes the nursing process to provide coordinated patient care.
- Delivers holistic care by demonstrating involvement of the patient and their family in a plan of care that respects their unique belief system.
- Supports and interprets hospital and nursing department philosophies, objectives, policies and protocols and applies them to all aspects of patient care.
- Utilizes the documentation system to accurately reflect patient care planned for and delivered, as per policy and protocol.
- Maintains knowledge of Marianjoy and partners policies concerning precautions, codes, conditions, warnings and general safety procedures.
- Assumes leadership role with healthcare team members to provide patient care.
- Directs patient care activities and delegates to other staff members appropriate activities in accordance with job description of those staff members.
- Assures quality of patient care by seeking counsel/collaboration of personnel who have specialized level of skill.
- Works effectively with the multidisciplinary team by demonstrating support, collaboration and goal directed interactions.
Evaluation and Delivery of Care:
- Evaluates patient status and provides appropriate goal setting.
- Applies current technology and theory in the formulation of practice standards and care delivery.
- Improves patient care and/or hospital systems by utilizing quality measurement improvement data.
Infection Control/Patient Safety:
- Assures that patient safety is maintained to include appropriate use of safety/restrictive devices.
- Follows Infection Control policies and procedures incorporating good hand washing practices.
- Maintains knowledge of Marianjoy's policies concerning precautions, codes, conditions, warning and general safety procedures.
- Communicates effectively with patients and care givers at levels appropriate to their age, cognitive status and language abilities and informs them of necessary information related to their diagnosis, functional level and discharge instructions.
- Communicates patient care needs including change of status, using SBAR, to Medical Staff and members of the interdisciplinary team with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Utilizes Chain of Command appropriately
- Participates in patient-related conferences and professional and organization meetings, as requested.
Adaptability and Flexibility:
- Rotates to all units based on patient care needs.
- Adjusts to changes in policy and procedure and unit and/or patient needs. Professional Development
- Complies with CE requirement for license renewal as determined by the State of Illinois.
- Participates in in-services and continuing education offerings at Marianjoy
- Attends outside continuing education workshops and presents learnings to Marianjoy staff.
- WFH Values - Demonstrates a visible working style, acts in a manner that is consistent with and shows commitment to the WFH Values
- Associate's degree: Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Current Illinois RN license.
- Maintains current CPR certification
- Analytical skills necessary to assess a patients condition and utilize the nursing process and professional judgment in providing comprehensive patient care are required.
- Ability to interact with patients, families, medical personnel and other members of the health care team.
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently in stressful, urgent situations.
- Cognizant of customer needs related to culture, age, developmental level and diagnoses.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous rehabilitation nursing work experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.