Physical Therapist Tech-Lake Forest Inpatient Part-time Days
Northwestern Memorial HealthCare
Physical Therapist Tech-Lake Forest Inpatient Part-time DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 118809 Job Function Rehabilitation/Wellness Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $16.50 + per hour.
The Physical Therapist Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Prepares work area for patient treatment by obtaining and setting up equipment needed by clinical staff either at bedside or in treatment/gym areas.
- Assures that patients are ready for treatment through direct communication with patient and other caregivers (nurses, PCTs).
- Provides assistance to clinical staff as needed with aspects of patient care. Examples include physical assist with mobility, following patient with wheelchair, moving equipment (oxygen, IV poles).
- Cleans and maintains departmental equipment; keeps clinic areas clean and orderly.
- Assists front desk staff in completing tasks in a positive manner.
- Completes accurate filing tasks.
- Orders routine supplies in timely manner and new equipment as directed.
- Assists with the orientation of interns, volunteers, and new department staff members.
- Communicates with patients, families and other professional personnel appropriately.
- Provides certain aspects of treatment as assigned and informs therapist of patient's response. This includes instruction of patients in use of appropriate assistive device, supervising patients and Westmoreland exercise program, and monitoring of patients during exercise.
- Documents patient intervention under the supervision of the treating therapist.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical functions, read and write in English.
- One year or less of related work experience, demonstrating familiarity with routines and procedures customary to the position.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.