Certified Medical Assistant-Primary Care Crystal Lake Full Time Days $2,000 Sign On Bonus
Northwestern Memorial HealthCare
Certified Medical Assistant-Primary Care Crystal Lake Full Time Days $2,000 Sign On BonusLocation Crystal Lake, Illinois Business Unit Regional Medical Group Job REQID 119390 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
**This is a Full Time position at 38 hours per week located at the Crystal Lake clinic. Schedule is Monday through Friday for Primary Care (includes Internal Medicine & Family Practice).**
The Certified Medical Assistant reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) is a multi-skilled worker who assumes a wide range of clinical and administrative roles within the physician office setting. Under the supervision of a Physician and/or the direction of a licensed nurse, the CMA provides direct and indirect patient care, performs laboratory and other testing, and may assist with clerical functions.
The CMA serves as a key team player when interacting and communicating with patients and/or clinical staff in the ambulatory care environment.
- Under the supervision of healthcare provider, assists with performing patient treatments.
- Performs basic diagnostic procedures and specimen collection.
- Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition.
- Documents patient care given.
- Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning, and troubleshooting.
- Maintains examination area.
- May perform administrative or clerical duties as assigned, including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry, billing, and patient registration.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- CMA or RMA required through American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
- Certification required upon hire or within 6 months from hire date if eligible to sit for exam must provide proof of eligibility.
- New Grads must obtain certification/registration within 1 year from hire date
- Must provide proof of graduation.
- Acquisitions must obtain certification/registration within 1 year from hire date.
- AHA BLS Provider certification
- Previous relevant healthcare experience.
- Associate's Degree preferred.
- Second language proficiency a plus.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.