Rehab Tech/Admin Specialist - Evanston Full time Days
Northwestern Memorial HealthCare
Rehab Tech/Admin Specialist - Evanston Full time DaysLocation Evanston, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 119105 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Rehabilitation Technician reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Performs clerical, general, and/or patient care support functions within a Rehab department, under the direction of the Ortho and Rehab Services Department Leader.
- Assists licensed clinicians with the implementation of treatment plans under their direction and supervision.
- Responsible for general cleaning and organization of the environment of care. These tasks support services provided by the Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, Psychologist, Speech Pathologist, Therapy Recreation, and/or Auditory Therapist.
- Assists with patient care under the direction of licensed therapists.
- Provides assistance during community re-entry activities under a plan of care established by the Rehab Team.
- Transports/escorts patients between nursing pod and Rehab Department.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly cleanup of department, restocks linen, wipes down treatment tables between patients or daily if sheet is used and removes clutter from the storage room weekly. Maintains cleaning schedule and cleans hydrocollators, cold pack units and other equipment as needed.
- Monitors equipment temperatures per policy.
- Performs general clerical duties including mail processing, typing, faxing, photocopying, filing and processing medical records for the department.
- Answers phones, schedules outpatients and/or coordinates and maintains the Rehabilitation Unit patient therapy schedule. Backs up telephone reception as needed.
- Tracks, enters, and verifies daily record of charges in computer.
- Responsible for ordering supplies and maintaining inventories as directed by Department Leader
- Maintains competency as appropriate and pursues ongoing learning through attendance at departmental and system in-services, workshops and conferences/seminars. Actively participates in organizational learning opportunities as appropriate.
- Provides care needed as described in the units/departments policies and procedures, as well as in the clinical competency checklist for the position and patient age groups served.
- Maintains appropriate documentation as appropriate.
- Is knowledgeable about the patients cultural, psychosocial, ethnic and religious needs and adjusts interventions when appropriate based on this knowledge.
- Maintains a professional and courteous manner and provides care/ communication in a manner consistent with customer satisfaction and service excellence strategies.
- Attends team/unit meetings and conferences as appropriate to facilitate coordinated care and communication.
- Participates on various interdisciplinary system teams as appropriate
- Identification of population served by this position:
- Young/middle adult and older adult.
- Secondary populations are pediatrics and adolescents.
- High School Diploma or equivalent or in pursuit of same
- CPR-required within designated time of start
- Physical ability to perform functional requirements as detailed
- Healthcare or Rehab related experience
- Familiarity with a healthcare environment
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.