Administrative Operations Coordinator I- Palos Health Surgery Center Administration Full-time Days
Northwestern Memorial HealthCare
Administrative Operations Coordinator I- Palos Health Surgery Center Administration Full-time DaysLocation Orland Park, Illinois Business Unit Palos Health Surgery Center Job REQID 119756 Job Function Administrative Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Admin Operations Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Supervise and direct the office's front-line clerical staff.
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, training, progressive discipline, dismissals, and performance appraisals.
- Oversee and direct day to day office operations within budget guidelines.
- Manage providers schedules with templates and optimize patient care hours to enhance productivity.
- Schedule staff and allocate resources across hours of operation to maximize patient access and satisfaction, provider productivity and efficiency, and staff productivity.
- Conduct timely and accurate cash management duties, including overseeing the collection of co-pays and patient balances, in-house cash balances, and bank deposits.
- Ensure that service excellence is delivered and perform service recovery whenever necessary.
- Manage office supplies within budget.
- Ensure accuracy of all data collection and data entry by site staff through training and compliance monitoring and facilitate and oversee flow of information to and from central administrative offices.
- Participate in leading practice staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Attend and actively participate in manager/supervisor meetings.
- Ensure that patient dignity and confidentiality are maintained at all times.
- Review and approve automated time reports for accuracy.
- Develop tools to support staff and enhance efficiency.
- Provide input into staff performance reviews. May participate with manager in conducting staff performance reviews.
- Provide one to one coaching and mentoring.
- Plan, execute and resolve all routine technical needs of the practice (phone, copiers, fax machines, PCs, etc.).
- Monitor daily transaction activity to ensure compliance with procedures.
- Resolve complex or critical situations involving patients, staff and customers: consults with manager for guidance as needed (e.g., complaints, discipline, etc.).
- Schedule staff and allocate resources across hours of operation to maximize patient access and satisfaction, provider productivity and efficiency, staff productivity, cost-savings, and operational efficiencies.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as needed to support the practice.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three years of work experience in a medical or related business.
- Comprehension of insurance plans including HMO, PPO, POS, commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid.
- Solid understanding of patient flow in a medical office.
- Working knowledge of medical software, Word and Excel.
- Experience managing daily cash activity and reconciling income reports with daily payments.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding.
- Leadership experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.