Sonographer CDH Ultrasound Casual Rotating
Northwestern Memorial HealthCare
Sonographer CDH Ultrasound Casual RotatingLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 119616 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Rotating Apply Now
The Sonographer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Sonographer performs vascular sonography in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
- Reviews patient history and physician's orders.
- Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
- When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice.
- Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
- Prepares equipment and supplies.
- Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment.
- Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
- Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s).
- Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results.
- Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure.
- Enters, transmits and reports scan results.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound Sonography program
- Registered as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer by ARDMS
- BLS for healthcare providers
- One year experience in vascular imaging
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.