Chicago Respiratory Therapist-(Full-Time & Part Time) Day and Night shifts
Northwestern Memorial HealthCare
Chicago Respiratory Therapist-(Full-Time & Part Time) Day and Night shiftsLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID EV58959F Job Function Respiratory Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $34.28 + per hour.
The Respiratory Therapist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The respiratory therapist (RT) serves as a member of the clinical team to assess, manage, treat and perform diagnostic evaluations for patients requiring respiratory care services. The RT performs all respiratory care procedures including bronchial hygiene evaluations using clinical practice guidelines and therapist driven protocols approved by the Medical Director.
- Conducts patient assessments and interprets clinical data necessary for the delivery of quality patient care
- Implements and evaluates the plan of care related to respiratory procedures including but not limited to aerosol, secretion mobilization, and hyperinflation therapies
- Provides care for patients requiring ventilator assistance, complex respiratory devices and procedures
- Performs comprehensive ventilator management and monitors the cardiopulmonary status of patients receiving intensive respiratory care
- Maintains emergency airway equipment for patients with artificial airways.
- Performs diagnostic studies on patients as designated by department policy and/or by physician order
- Consults with physicians, nurses and other health care professionals and participates in daily patient rounds for assigned area to promote consistent quality and delivery of patient care
- Assists physicians with bedside procedures
- Identifies and appropriately responds to a patient’s declining respiratory status
- Responds to airway emergencies, level one traumas and cardiac arrests
- Completes all documentation for patient charting in compliance with standards for accuracy and content as established by the department and NMH
- Demonstrates clinical competence
- Implements appropriate actions to respond to needs of patients and their significant others
- Monitors and documents the patient’s response to therapeutic interventions and progress toward outcomes
- Serves as a resource and role model for new staff, students, and other NMH personnel and assists with precepting and orienting
- Works collaboratively with all hospital services to responsibly accomplish daily work and maintain an environment of excellence
- Assists with the development of clinical research protocols and participates in their implementation
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT)- National Board of Respiratory Care
- Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP)- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation (within three months of hire)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)- American Heart Association
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)- American Heart Association (for adult care therapists)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) – American Academy of Pediatrics (for neonatal therapists)
- Associate Degree in Applied Science (AAS)- Respiratory Therapy
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)- National Board of Respiratory Care
- Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT)- National Board of Respiratory Care
- Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist (RPFT)- National Board of Respiratory Care
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs