Education Coordinator PH Telemetry Hp5 Fulltime Days
Northwestern Memorial HealthCare
Education Coordinator PH Telemetry Hp5 Fulltime DaysLocation Palos Heights, Illinois Business Unit Palos Hospital Job REQID 119457 Job Function Nursing Coordinator Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $35.00 + per hour.
The Education Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Education Coordinator is a registered professional nurse who demonstrates exemplary direct patient care and is accountable for formal and informal staff education and orientation. This role works collaboratively with the Interprofessional team, NMAcademy, peers, and the Shared Leadership Committee to identify learning needs, develop and implement educational strategies and participate in learning effectiveness evaluation.
The Education Coordinator adheres to the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice of Professional Nursing and the Code of Ethics.
- Integrates theoretical knowledge, evidence-based practice principles, and clinical expertise in nursing practice into educational experiences.
- Develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates formal and informal education of the staff, including nurses, assistive personnel and student nurses including off shifts and weekends.
- Coordinates and participates in unit specific orientation process in collaboration with the NM Academy, peers, managers, and the Department of Professional Practice and Development.
- Develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates annual unit-specific clinical skills validation and competency evaluation.
- Coordinates mandatory education activities including off shifts and weekends.
- Partners with unit leadership to develop educational learning plans for individual staff.
- Maintains standards of practice relevant to specific clinical settings.
- Collaborates with the NM Academy to identify educational needs and to develop and implement appropriate strategies to meet those needs.
- Supports ongoing development of critical thinking skills of clinical nurses.
- Provides direct patient care as needed, and acts as a clinical instructor during orientation and transition into practice of new hires.
- Develops education plans around proposed practice changes to support the Nursing Practice and Quality and Safety Committees.
- Uses established research critique guidelines when reviewing evidence-based articles.
- Understand the CMS and TJC standards as they relate to direct patient care.
- Develop in-services in response to quality audits and CMS and TJC standard changes
- Provides feedback to the manager regarding staff performance.
- Participates in unit/departmental/divisional or hospital committees/task forces as assigned.
- Remains clinically proficient within area of expertise.
- Bachelor of Arts degree or Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois
- Certification in area of clinical specialty or to be obtained within a year
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Membership in Professional Nursing Organization
- BLS Certification
- ACLS Certification in clinical areas where required
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs