Cardiac Device Specialist I-Cardiology EP Huntley Full Time Days
Northwestern Memorial HealthCare
Cardiac Device Specialist I-Cardiology EP Huntley Full Time DaysLocation Huntley, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 115800 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
**This is a Full Time position at 40 hours per week located primarily at the Huntley clinic with expectation to travel to the McHenry clinic as needed. Schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 hour shifts with a start time between 8a/8:30a.**
The Cardiac Device Specialist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Cardiac Device Specialist works within the outpatient Device Clinic to perform remote monitoring and in-clinic pacemaker and defibrillator device interrogations. This position is responsible for independently reviewing remote transmissions, interpreting data to complete reports for physician review, and managing required follow up of remote device monitoring appointments. Additionally, this individual performs interrogations and necessary reprogramming of devices per patient needs, physician guidance, and clinic guidelines. This role serves as a device clinical resource within the EP division for members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides direct patient care to individuals with implanted cardiac devices and provides diagnostic evaluation of patients’ cardiac rhythm.
- Performs pacemaker, implantable defibrillator, and cardiac event recorder evaluations to include interrogation, analysis, and reprogramming as ordered by the physician.
- Interprets and troubleshoots critical device issues and takes immediate steps towards correction.
- Analysis of remote device transmissions and report preparation for physician review.
- Ensure charges are accurately captured for device interrogation.
- Assists in the Operating Room for device reprogramming as required during scheduled procedures.
- Provides educational and technical support to patients with devices and escalates to interdisciplinary team as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of various types of implanted cardiac devices, the effects of the devices, and uses critical thinking skills to escalate concerns.
- Remains current in latest technology and device recalls.
- One year experience working with cardiac device monitoring or graduation from an accredited cardiac technician program
- Basic Life Support (American Heart Association) certification.
- IBHRE certification required upon eligibility.
- Bachelor of Science Degree.
- Clinical experience in electrophysiology and a minimum of 5 years' experience as a Technician, Device for pacemaker and/or defibrillators in a patient care setting.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs