Advisor, Financial Planning & Analysis
What We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
This role will a part of our corporate controllership team who will engage in critical month end and quarter end financial reporting activities. The consolidations team will focus on the consolidation of our GAAP income statement and balance sheet, preparing the cash flow statement and equity roll-forward, preparing other supporting documentation for quarter-end and year-end reporting in our financial statements. In addition, the team ensures that intercompany and foreign currency transactions are reported correctly in our consolidated results.
Lastly, the team prepares consolidated financial statement analysis in partnership with the segment accounting teams to support the review of our quarter-end financial statements and support our investor relations process. The lead accountant will have interaction with our external auditors, the treasury, tax, SEC reporting, segment accounting, corporate FP&A and investor relations teams.
The lead accountant is a change agent continuously enhancing process and improving the control environment.
What You'll Bring:
- 4-6 years of experience with public company accounting and/or auditing public companies (SOX 404 environment).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong understanding US GAAP and public company reporting requirements
- Highly proficient with personal computer word processing, database and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel)
We'd Love to See:
- CPA strongly preferred
- Advanced degree preferred
- Strong analytical and modeling skills
Impact You'll Make:
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows, Equity) and footnote support
- Review intercompany elimination in consolidation process
- Analyze foreign currency in reported results
- Perform consolidated balance sheet analysis, GAAP income statement analysis and develop schedules and insights for SEC reporting
- Prepare quarter-end reporting package to support management reporting and external reporting support
- Establish, modify, document and coordinate the implementation of accounting and control procedures and efficiencies as necessary to meet established company goals
- Coordinate audit requests for external and internal auditors
- Special projects as assigned
- This is a hybrid position and involves regular performance of job responsibilities virtually as well as in-person at an assigned TransUnion office location for a minimum of two days a week.
TransUnion provides flexible benefits including flexible time off for exempt associates, paid time off for non-exempt associates, tuition reimbursement, additional (following any short-term disability) 10 weeks of parental leave with gradual return, adoption assistance, fertility coverage, spousal and domestic partner benefits, charity gift matching, employee stock purchase plan, retirement contributions with employer match, organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks, and access to TransUnion’s Employee Resource Groups.
We are committed to being a place where diversity is not only present, it is embraced. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:AF Sr Analyst II, Accounting