Gleacher Faculty Suite Office Manager
University of Chicago
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges.
About the Department
Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment.
Chicago Booth is proud to claim:
-an unmatched faculty.
-degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents.
-a global body of nearly 56,000 accomplished alumni.
-strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities.
As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment.
For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/.
The Gleacher Faculty Suite Manager’s primary focus is to further the faculty mission of teaching by providing support to all Chicago Booth faculty members teaching primarily in the Evening MBA and Weekend MBA Program. The individual in this position will be responsible for maintaining strong communication with faculty, students, and staff at Chicago Booth, in order to ensure a positive and productive teaching and learning environment at the Gleacher Center, Chicago Booth’s downtown Chicago campus location. The Gleacher Faculty Suite Manager works with the Assistant Director in the Gleacher Center Faculty Suite, and also independently to provide office coverage and management. Every Saturday work hours are required for this position during the active term.
- When in the Gleacher Faculty Suite, acts as a point-of-contact for all Chicago Booth faculty members teaching primarily in the Evening MBA and Weekend MBA Programs at the Gleacher Center for the following activities: classroom reservations; preparation and dissemination of course materials; including handouts and PowerPoint slides, as well as course-related support.
- Maintains working knowledge of Gleacher Center space, including classroom layouts, study room spaces, boardrooms, and room audio-visual capabilities.
- Executes various faculty-related special projects and processes, including faculty-approved exam proctoring, faculty space reservations, and faculty mailbox assignments.
- Maintains positive working relationships with members of various Chicago Booth departments. Position interacts regularly with Conference Center AV, Booth IT, building staff, and various other departments.
- When Assistant Director is not present, manages Gleacher Faculty Suite Operations, which serves faculty, students, staff, and guests.
- Assists with the management of the Gleacher Center Faculty Suite, including the following: oversight and ordering of supplies and beverages; maintenance of copy machine and printers; organization of office and tidiness; handling of deliveries/mail for faculty at the Gleacher Center.
- Monitors and answers Gleacher Center front desk phone for inquiries.
- Manages return of student exams and assignments as needed.
- Assists in various projects as assigned by supervisor for larger department, or faculty needs.
- Provides assistance to other staff and departments as needed, such as Dean’s Office and research centers collaborating with faculty, to ensure efficiently running organization support to all faculty.
- Manages the removal of copyrighted faculty content from unauthorized webpages.
- May initiate correspondence and other written materials under own signature or for signature of the leader. Triages emails and telephone calls for action. Resolves a combination of some routine and complex inquiries.
- Coordinates special projects as directed by the leader. Prepares write ups for recommendations for operational and administrative problems. Manages a portion of the leader's budget, monitoring and reconciling accounts. Prepares financial and/or administrative reports.
- Performs other related work as needed.
Education:Minimum requirements include vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field (not typically required to have a four-year degree).
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree, or current enrollment.
- Progressively responsible administrative experience, preferably working with faculty, students.
Technical Skills or Knowledge:
- Proficiency with computers.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office products, room scheduling software, and other software and programs, as needed.
- Proven abilities to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Consistently meet deadlines, to problem solve, to exercise good judgment, and to work under pressure during high volume periods.
- Professional demeanor, including tact, discretion, and a customer service-oriented approach to the job.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Communicate with precision and tact.
- This position is expected to work in the office.
- Work up to 20 hours per week within business hours. Manager will determine weekday set hours.
- Position will work flexible hours during the week, and work every Saturday 8:00 am-2:00 pm as required when school is in session.
- Business hours for office are: 10:00 am – 6:30 pm, Monday-Friday; 8:00 am-2:00 pm, Saturday
- Resume/CV (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
When applying, the document(s) MUST be uploaded via the My Experience page, in the section titled Application Documents of the application.
Administration & Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Drug Test Required
Health Screen Required
Motor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages a diversity of perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes a review of conviction history. A conviction does not automatically preclude University employment. Rather, the University considers conviction information on a case-by-case basis and assesses the nature of the offense, the circumstances surrounding it, the proximity in time of the conviction, and its relevance to the position.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.