ERP Integrations Manager
University of Chicago
ITS collaborates with campus partners to support the mission of the University of Chicago through the consistent delivery of high-quality solutions and services. We provide secure, stable, and reliable infrastructure and applications to support the mission of the University. We support and enable faculty research and teaching with the effective use of technology. We simplify the technology experience for faculty, students, alumni, and staff, and we ensure technology is mobile-friendly and accessible. We identify, manage, and mitigate the technology risks of the University.
About the Department
The University of Chicago is seeking an ERP Integrations Manager in the support of our new Oracle platform. As an Oracle Cloud ERP Integrations Manager, the primary responsibility will be supervising and maintaining the repository of integrations. This role will ensure smooth operation and efficient data flows between Oracle Cloud ERP and various ancillary systems at the University. This role will also oversee maintenance activities, and coordinate with the release management team during quarterly updates. The ERP Integration Manager will lead, supervise, and provide specialized support to the Integration team members.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to understand business requirements and design integration solutions that align with organizational goals.
- Provides technical leadership in the design and development of integration solutions, ensuring best practices and adherence to architectural standards.
- Determines the scope, timeline, resources, and dependencies for each quarterly release and enhancement, ensuring the successful operation of downstream systems.
- Evaluates the integration strategy in place on a periodic basis and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Troubleshoots and resolves integration issues in a timely manner, collaborating with relevant teams to address technical challenges.
- Coordinates with project management as needed to develop and deploy new and enhanced integrations.
- Provides specialized support to the integration developers as needed.
- Provides cross-functional knowledge between Oracle and MuleSoft to maintain business continuity.
- Evaluates technical effort/impact of new integrations; coordinates with service delivery COE and configuration lead as needed.
- Collaborates and coordinates with ancillary systems owners.
- Ensures compliance with the University’s policies regarding data protection and security/risk.
- Creates plans to translate business requirements into well-designed applications while balancing user and business needs, technical competencies, industry developments, and time constraints.
- Formulates and defines specifications for complex installations, maintenance, and upgrades. Identifies and analyzes performance and capacity issues.
- Performs other related work as needed.
Education:Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle Cloud ERP implementation or upgrades.
- 5+ years experience working with senior level stakeholders.
- Oracle Cloud certification.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification - Project Management Institute.
- ERP or additional Oracle certifications.
Technical Skills or Knowledge:
- Hands-on experience with an Oracle Cloud ERP integration tools and technologies.
- Past Oracle development and/or architecture hands-on experience.
- Deep understanding of Oracle's ERP system, including its modules, functionalities, and best practices with an emphasis in financial modules.
- Implementing, customizing, and optimizing Oracle ERP solutions.
- Leading and managing ERP implementation projects including defining project scope, planning resources, coordinating with stakeholders, managing timelines and budgets, and ensuring successful deployment.
- Proficiency in leveraging Oracle ERP reporting tools.
- Strong understanding of Oracle ERP's technical architecture including knowledge of the underlying database, server infrastructure, integration frameworks, security protocols, and system performance optimization.
- Skills in designing and implementing integration solutions using tools like Oracle Integration Cloud, Oracle SOA Suite, or Oracle Integration Bus.
- Working with integration tools like MuleSoft, Talend or Jitterbit.
- Possess a deep understanding of Oracle Cloud ERP software, its modules, functionalities, and best practices as well as latest features, updates, and industry trends related to Oracle Cloud ERP.
- Managing software release cycles, including planning, coordination, and execution of releases. Understand release management methodologies, change management principles, and configuration management processes.
- Possess a solid technical background in ERP systems, cloud computing, databases, and integration technologies.
- Demonstrate a curiosity and willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies, methodologies, and industry trends. Stay updated on the latest developments in Oracle Cloud ERP and related technologies.
- Strong project management skills, including planning, organizing, and executing complex projects. Create and manage project plans, track milestones, manage risks, and ensure on-time delivery of releases.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities to identify and resolve system issues, incidents, and problems. Possess a logical and structured approach to troubleshooting and decision-making.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with stakeholders, technical teams, vendors, and users. Convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and manage expectations.
- Understand change management principles and techniques. Guide stakeholders through organizational changes, providing training and support, and addressing resistance to change.
- Familiarity with incident and problem management processes, including incident identification, tracking, and resolution. Analyze incidents and problems, implement preventive measures, and drive continuous improvement.
- Manage vendor relationships and collaborate with vendors for support, issue resolution, and system optimization. Leverage vendor expertise and stay updated on the latest product releases and best practices.
- Strong leadership qualities to inspire and motivate teams. Provide guidance and mentorship to team members. Foster a collaborative work culture, and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Hybrid work schedule.
- Resume/CV (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
When applying, the document(s) MUST be uploaded via the My Experience page, in the section titled Application Documents of the application.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Drug Test Required
Health Screen Required
Motor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages a diversity of perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes a review of conviction history. A conviction does not automatically preclude University employment. Rather, the University considers conviction information on a case-by-case basis and assesses the nature of the offense, the circumstances surrounding it, the proximity in time of the conviction, and its relevance to the position.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.